Sunday, April 17, 2011

Really? Another one? Have you met my daugter Sydney?

(BTW this is a pretty long one...so sorry...hope you don't get too bored and give up on me so soon)

How did this happen? That's a question now isn't it? How did this happen? Actually its very simple, if you taken any sort of sex ed or anatomy class basically how it goes is....ok so NO i'm really not going to go there. Hopefully everyone reading this understands all about the "birds and the bees" and if I have to explain it, maybe you don't need to be reading my blog :-P

Well, to continue, when I pose the question "how did this happen?" I'm not really asking like I'm surprised or anything. I know how it happened. And I know that this time we even planned it and were trying to do just this...adding another little one. What I mean by this question is how did this happen? lol (ok so that explained it all right :-P) No, how did we come by the decision that we wanted to try for another baby. What made us think we were ready at this point in our lives? What pushed us to decide HECK YEAH, we already have a crazy toddler! Why not go ahead and add another one so that we can be running around like psychos after 2 kids :-) Why not add to the sleepless nights, endless diapers, screaming, yelling, cooing, kissing, hugging, loving mess we are already in? Well, I'm going to answer this question for you all. I KNOW I KNOW you are all just dying to know right? RIGHT? lol

Well, it happened. Yes, it happened to me. Of all people, I thought I was safe. I thought I could make it a few more years with just the one kiddo. I thought that i KNEW I only wanted Sydney for awhile (cuz let's face it, she is a bit of a handful) and that I wanted to wait until she was in, like, kindergarten or something before I even THOUGHT about getting pregnant again. And then it happened. I caught it....(awful thing that it is...ok not really)....duh duh duuuuuuhhhhhh...BABY FEVER! AHHHHHH

Ok ok so that was a little overdramatic. But basically how it came about was that everyone....and i mean EVERYONE (well except for myself and one other mommy friend) were either preggers, trying to get preggers or had already given birth to their second child. And it hit me. I had preggo envy...or baby envy...or both. I missed being pregnant. I missed the days when Syd was this big and she would snuggle with me and let me hold her and she was so soft and so warm and didn't run away from me and didn't talk back or yell or throw tantrums. I know I was overromanticizing the whole thing in my head about how wonderful being pregnant was and how wonderful a newborn was (they are wonderful but they are also a BIG BIG change and a big big challenge physically, emotionally and psychologically) but nonetheless I wanted it again. Baby Fever had a hold on me :-P
Well, I thought I could handle it. I was pretty sure Chris wasn't ready yet. We had talked months back about how we both wanted to wait, be more financially stable, yadda yadda. I also considered myself the co-founder of the No More Babies Club (lol population 2--no this wasn't really a club, but we kind of made a pact that we were gonna stick to one kiddo for a while yet) Oh yeah, and I was on the Mirena IUD so contraception was covered (sorry if that was tmi) I had the Baby Fever under control.

Then came February 14th, 2011. My wonderful hubby cooked me a beautiful dinner--lobster and steak and veggies and wine and chocolate cake YUMMY--and we were sitting around the table chatting. I just happened to start talking about some of my other mommy friends that had just had babies or were about to have babies and how I couldn't fathom how they were dealing with 2 kiddos and how I understood that Chris wanted to wait and I knew we weren't going to be adding on to the family for a while...etc. etc. when my wonderful hubby looks at me with those "what the hell are you talking about" eyes and pretty much says he has no idea what I'm talking about. HE never said he wanted to wait. HE thought I was the one who wanted to wait. HE would love to start trying for kiddo #2 if I was ready. After I picked my jaw up off the table (because I seriously believe--and remember having the convo--that HE wanted to wait) I told him ok. Ok? yeah ok! let's do it. You sure? Yeah are you SURE? Sure I'm sure! Let's do it! ok so that wasn't the exact dialogue, but pretty much summed it up. We were ready to start trying....and by trying I really mean not really trying but not trying to not get pregnant....did you get that? i think i said it right.

A week later I made an appointment with my OB/GYN to have my IUD removed. She basically told me I was fertile as soon as I walked out of the room. I wasn't going to do the ovulation calculator thing, or even really try to schedule our "sessions." We both agreed that if it happened it happened and if not oh well. Although I have heard stories that a few people I know got pregnant within a month of having an IUD removed I wasn't too terribly worried about it. But I was excited and really hopeful that we would get pregnant soon.

And now here we are. I took an at home pregnancy test on 4/8/2011 and it was positive. I already knew in my heart i was pregnant for a couple of reasons (and they may sound silly but bear with me) Reason #1: my face usually doesn't break out, and when i was preggo with syd I had a slight case of rosacea and rough skin on my cheeks--i was experiencing AWFUL skin problems. Reason #2: my tastebuds were off...not for everything...but a few days earlier I had made pork tenderloin marinated in balsamic, garlic powder, worcestershire (sp) some other spices--stuff I usually/always use to cook with--and when I smelled it and then ate it, I SWEAR it tasted sour....rancid almost. and it wasn't every bite but most of it. Chris said there was nothing wrong with it so it was just me. ding ding ding--put 2 and 2 together...plus with the test that friday and TA-DA!

So now I have my first appointment with my OB on Tuesday, April 26th at 8:15 am (crazy early i know) My whattoexpect.com profile says I'm 6 weeks. My babybump phone app says i'm 5 weeks...*shrugs* who knows. I will find out a better substantiated guesstimate at the OB i assume. My LMP is 3/8/2011 and that makes my predicted due date around 12/13/2011. We shall see.

So I know this has been a pretty long post. And I hope that anyone who chose the read this made it through to the end...and not bored to tears or sleep :-) I'm promising myself to actually keep up with this blog and I am going to try my best to update at least once a week but hopefully more than that.
Goodnight everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Crystal!!!! CONGRATS!!! I'm SO happy for you guys! Can't wait to get back to Austin and tell you in person!! *hugs*!

    ReplyDelete